2. California Kids by Weezer - This song sounds like summer and classic Weezer. What's not to like?
3. X Gon Give It To Ya by DMX (EXPLICIT lyrics) - Edgy old school rap with a hook. Not safe to demo in the workplace or around kids!
4. Unbreakable by Of Mice and Men - The title says it all. The hard hitting drive of along with the lyrics work perfectly in the gym when you're looking to channel some fearlessness and intensity.
5. Rearviewmirror by Pearl Jam - It's a rocker that takes off right from the beginning and never lets up. More importantly, it's a song my dad and I used to rock out to together with a few lyric misinterpretations that gave us a good laugh from time to time.
6. 45 by Gaslight Anthem. This band is very hit and miss for me, but this song is a solid hit. Shades of modern, straight forward punk rock with a hint of Bruce.
7. Your Betrayal by Bullet for My Valentine - Something about the opening of this song sounds like going off to war. It hits hard. The whispers in the vocals are edgy, haunting, and an incredible touch to pull you in and give you the push you're looking for.
8. Hearts on Fire from the Rocky IV Soundtrack - What can I say? I'm a sucker for the Rocky movies, their workout montages and the music that goes along with them. And this one just may be the best. It might be 100% cheese, but it makes me want to grab a jump rope no matter where I am in the moment.
9. All For You by Our Lady Peace - I've always liked this band for their technical stayle and Raine's voice, though it's better in occasional doses. I dig the push and pull between verses and the chorus... and I'm always in for some Jack Kerouac appreciation.
10. Short Skirt Long Jacket by Cake - Who knew monotone could work so well in the gym?